Thursday, May 1, 2008

a dream come true


Over the past weekend, Adam and I took a road trip to Memphis, Tennessee to see Amy Grant in concert. For Valentine's Day, he bought me a membership to her fan club and the concert tickets. I didn't think this weekend was ever going to come but then it did. We had a good drive down there though I must confess I slept most of the way. On Saturday afternoon, Adam and I walked to the concert hall to attend the sound check. There was just a small group of us there for it. So we got to talk to Amy, get her autograph and take pictures with her. I was on cloud 9!!! That evening we got dressed up and walked to the concert hall to enjoy an awesome performance by Amy Grant, her band and the Memphis Symphony. It was absolutely amazing!!! It was also a dream come true. Amy Grant has always been my favorite singer. I think part of the reason is I remember growing up to her music. My mom still has some her original recordings on vinyl records. Her concert left me uplifted, encouraged, inspired and on cloud 9. Thank you Adam for making a dream come true for me!!

No comments: